The Purple Valentine



The night was calm, clear and a warm breeze touched our faces as we peered into the flats that hovered overhead.  Sounds of laughter, music, glasses clinking together, and children playing all mingled in the night air. Hand in hand we walked down the cobblestone streets of Barcelona. 

Smells from the local restaurants wafted though the air. I looked up at the man I loved with all my heart. So handsome, so manly, so...XXX!

He looked back at me, took my hand and led me to a quiet doorway of a nearby flowerr shop. He stopped with his back to the street and took my face in his hands.  Leaning towards me he kissed me everso gently. His eyes met mine with such love and passion. He looked so loving and serious all at the same time.

Oh my heart was pounding with excitement. A moment like this is what every woman dreams of. Her man being passionate and romantic, like a scene from an Audrey Hepburn movie.

Looking aside he bent over and plucked a white rose from the basket beside us. Inhaling the fragrence of such beauty he smelt the rose, brushed the velvet petals against my lips.  Gently he touched my chin and lifted up my face. In the background I could hear my favourite quartette playing. Could this be more romantic?

At that very moment I realized he was going to sing to me. Quivering I could hardly contain myself. My song, my dream, my amazing husband; this man was melting me to my very core. As he poised himself to sing to me I took deep breath and tried to capture this moment. A that would last a life time in my heart and memories.

And then it happened....

I love you, you love me,
We're a happy family,
With a great big hug and a
Kiss from me to you,
Won't you say you love me too!

EEERRRRCCHHHH hold on, back up, Barney?????

The hunk of burning love before me just turned into a Great Big Purple Dinosaur.


This story is dedicated to my wonderful husband who I love for who is, and wouldn't want him to be anything else.

Comments

Popular Posts